As a webdeveloper I know a lot about Internet Explorer.
The number of security issues it has and the none standards complient way it renders webpages often makes me wish they would say “You know what, lets just stop making browsers, we clearly aren’t up to the task, lets just suggest everyone go and get firefox instead”
But instead they suggest this useless list of tips:
- Change IE security settings to high (Look under Tools/Internet Options)
This makes your browsing experience of the internet a pain in the arse. Not to mention the problems for web developers.
- Switch to a Windows user account with limited rights to change a PC’s settings
Really? So you have to log out of your limited account, log in as admin, change the settings you want, log out, log back in with the limited user account everytime you would like a new admin setting? Really really?
- With IE7 or 8 on Vista turn on Protected Mode
Or just get a decent browser?
- Ensure your PC is updated
- Keep anti-virus and anti-spyware software up to date
Or just get a mac where you are 99.99% safe as standard?